Valentine's Day

As most of you know Valentine's Day is only a day away. Most don't like, most love it, and some people don't know what to do about it. I am one of those people who love it AND don't know what to do about it. One reason I love it is because its one Holiday (and I will explain why its a Holiday for me) that I won't forget but will always cheerish. But first I want to share with you the first Valentine's that will probably mentally scar me for life. Your probably wondering why it'll mentally scar me? Well it all has to do with my ex-fiance Zachary Hess.

Zachary Hess was my first love, oh how I remember him. I meet him through an ex-boyfriend and when I first meet him I thought he was so hot (yes to say that now hurts me) and that there was something about him that attracted me to him. I didn't think that I'd have a chance to be his girlfriend but one never knew. The first time I saw him I thought would be my last time that I saw him so I just decided to be friends. About a year or so later he friend requested me on MySpace and about a couple months later he asked me out. We hooked up on Dec 14 2007 and then was engaged about two weeks later (don't say anything yet because it gets better and you'll realize why I call him ex-douchebag #1). My family never like him because he seemed etchy but since I was young, dumb, and in love I figured him and I would be together because no one (and I mean NO ONE) loved me like he did (bo...I better stop ruining it huh?). Well about two months later (Valentine's Day) was a day I could never remember. Him and I had a very stressful day because his grandma was in the hospital and it was my parents 19 year anniversary. I had work (6:30am-4:00pm) and then school (5:00pm-7pm), where he was going to be at the hospital with his grandma and meet me back at his house after I got out of school. We spent the evening together were I do not remember what we did because the memories with him are mentally abusive. The whole relationship I had with him was different but he mentally abused me...took me for granted and used me. I do know that the greatest memory I had that Valentine's day was were my mom had a Valentine's card for me at the door of my house and that I went to go see my grandma. That's the only great memory I had. I never spent the day with both of my parents for their anniversary and its something I try to always do.

February 14, 1989 is a day that I can say that I will never forget. Why? Well it's the day that my parents got married! Yes they got married on Valentine's Day. Which is why its a holiday for me. So you can only imagine that this Saturday, Feb 14th is my parents 20th anniversary. My mom was around 4 or 5 months pregnant with me, so I sorta can say that I was there with my parents when they got married. I am very proud of my parents and I am happy for them. Someday I hope that I can find a guy that makes me as happy as my dad makes my mom.

On a lighter note I just want to say that before I moved out my mom and I would always argue so sometimes it would make it hard to even be in the same room with my mom for more than 3-6 hours at a time. After moving back home my mom and I haven't had ONE huge argument since then. I am really close with my mom and I have to say that that is the bestest gift and memory that I can tell my mom this Valentine's Day. My dad on the other hand, him and I have really been tight since I can remember.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone and Happy 20th Anniversary Mom & Dad!! I'm so proud of the both of you!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment